Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Finally on the way!

After the usually scurrying around and last minute glitches, I am finally underway.  Friends Donna and Hugh drove me to Bellingham for my flight, which leaves tomorrow A.M. at the crack of dawn.  We had a lovely dinner at Dirty Dan's, in the Fairhaven District of Bellingham, the old university district which has been wonderfully renovated.  Ah, a wedge salad and prime rib!  Now I know I'm in the States.  When we got to the hotel, I discovered that my reservation was for October 6, not September 6!  I And you didn't believe me when I said I had blown a brain fuse!  Luckily, they had a room, wakeup call and shuttle to the airport have been arranged, and all is well.  Traveling is so much easier with a credit card, no?  Tomorrow, Palm Springs. 

1 comment: