Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another week in paradise

I keep on thinking I should feel guilty about being such a slug, but I can't.  It is just too devine.  That is the long way of saying I didn't do much of anything this week.  No, wait, I did accomplish something.  I found two new favorite watering holes.  The first, Trilusa, I had visited before for dinner. 

There's ntertainment...

.
..and drinks at happy hour prices!

Now, I've discovered the bar.  It's always nice to find a friendly local bar that is staggering distance from home.  Trilusa is.  Unfortunately, Tropicale, downtown, is not.  I was introduced to the place this week by friend Geoff, and it is very Palm Springs.  Mid-century modern, desert colours, and, of course, happy hour.  I'll just have to hold myself to one drink, though, or have some of their excellent tapas before I head home.

I did go to the movies this week, and saw a little film called Jeff, Who Lives In The Basement.  It was not hugely profound, but it was a sweet little file, which left me with that "feel good" taste.  I recommend it!

And, not to be forgotten, Opera in the Park happened this Sunday.  I got to the park early, set up my chair, and read my Sunday New York Times while listening to the singers rehearsing.  The concert is put on to showcase the winners of the Metropolitan Opera's auditions; the singers are young, with strong voices, and lots of enthusiasm.  And, of course, they always perform the best arias, showcasing each voice a number of times, and, of course, a number of ensembles. 


notice the soprano's hair curlers.....

...and the enthusiastic orchestra...

The voices were wonderful, the weather was perfect, the crowd was large and enthusiastic - another wonderful afternoon in the desert.

Finally, I ended the weekend with a two hour walk in the desert.  Stop here, if you are already bored with my desert pictures....





In short, I couldn't be happier, and am  already dreading coming up north in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment