Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, I know, shocking.  Another post already.  But it is Thanksgiving (at least for the American lot), and a time for reflection.  Later this afternoon, I will be joinging 13 friends for a feast at the Four Seasons Resort and Golf Club (pictures to follow).  For now, though, I am sitting on my patio, reflecting on past, present and future.

Past.  I have had a good one, I have been very lucky in life, with work, love and friends, and although I still think about David every day, I still feel lucky to have had him for as long as I did, and he is with me in spirit still.

Present?  Well, for those of you who haven't been here, or don't remember the previous pictures, here it is:


(yes, this is a real Wurlitzer Juke Box.  Come see!!)






.
So, having worked out this morning (yes, this morning.  This is America; the gym was open on Thanksgiving)


(friend Howard - and many others - were there too)



I am back at home, drinking coffee, and reflecting....

...and this is what Thanksgiving in the desert looks like.....



(yes, this is the view from my patio...)

Future?  Hopefully, more of the same.  Work (I love it, and it and it pays for my other, expensive, habits), continued good health,  travel, concerts (rock and opera both), bridge, and time with friends.

And I hope that you are remembering the things that you are thankful for, and that you have many more of them in the coming year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment