Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Wish me luck!

Landed in Vancouver safely on Sunday night, and all went well.  Have you ever noticed that when a flight goes well, everything goes well.  There are no delays at security, and they actually display a sense of humour.  The flight attendants are cheerful.  The plane leaves early.  Your seat mates are charming.  There are only 2 people in front of you in immigration at the other end.  There is an ATM handy.  There is no line at the washroom.  And the taxi knows how to get you home.  Or, it goes the other way entirely.

The only fly in the ointment was the dead battery in my car yesterday morning, but that was easily remedied, and I was at work in plenty of time to make the rounds.  Most often repeated comment:  You are so tan!!!

I'm off to the hospital for my surgery today.  Before everyone gets their respective knickers in a knot, it is only day surgery, to have my "widow's hump" removed.  I worked yesterday, and have every expectation of working this afternoon.  Friend and colleague Deirdre is taking me to the hospital and picking me up later.   We've even arranged company for dinner

Since no one but me noticed the hump anyway, I don't expect any big changes, except in my attitude.  However, if the man of my dreams starts courting me tomorrow, I will know you have all been lying to me, and the dam hump was noticeable all along.

Well, we're off.  I will give you an update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment