Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Yahrzeit

The year has rolled around again,  February 6.  The anniversary of David's death, and time for the annual dinner with my husband.  I always go to Billie Reed's, for prime rib and bourbon (Makers Mark, to be specific) and prime rib, David's two favourite food groups.  (It was actually the last meal of substance before he died.  I hadn't really thought about before....

February is also Hank's birthday, so thoughts naturally turned to him too, not to mention Art (died three years ago, and friend Jim who died in December.  I short, I am melancholy (partly a function of all that, and partly a function of the bourbon I'm sure - I am not used to drinking any more).  But I did promise my husband that I would try to be a nicer person, as I always tried to be for him...

Nothing much else to report.  Went to the Pacific Symphony - I'm a little slow, just discovered it - for a wonderful Russian music program (keeping with the Russian theme), and saw Carmen at the Met in the Movies showing last week. It must be 25 years since I saw Carmen last - I know it was pre super-titles - and it was actually a wonderful production.

Lost of books to report - but I'm not in the mood today...


No comments:

Post a Comment