Sunday, February 16, 2020

Alas, still no photos

Well, you all know that I am technologically challenged.  Unfortunately, all my friends seem to be the same.  I think I've unearthed a bridge colleague who says she can help with the photo editing, but no joy yet.  Frankly, its much more fun for me as well with pictures, but I thought I would post an update anyway, before things went too far by....

Last week we had dinner and bridge at friend Johns.  His partner and another friend are both learning bridge, and both John and I love teaching them.  It clarifies things in our own mind.  Not that it has helped our playing at the club much.  John and I came in last the club on Wednesday, and only in the middle of the pack on Friday.  Alex and I did miserably on Saturday too, and I was altogether depressed.  It really is hard to come to grips with the fact that I am not really good at anything.  (I thought I had a knack for relationships, but I'm not really sure about that any more either.....)

The overall mood of depression was not much helped by the other two outings this week.  The first was dinner at a new restaurant on El Paseo, AC3.  Food and service both good, but all chrome and glass and (consequently) lots of noise.  And my friend is so unhappy, and it is so sad.  Beautiful, incredibly smart, rich, and just lonely and depressed and no longer passionate about (or even interested in) anything.  And there is not a damned thing I can do but listen, which is the same for the other two friends in crisis mode right now.

Truth be told, I am very lonely too,and I don't think there's a thing I can do about that either.  I don't know what I would do it a relationship came and bit me on the ankle - I think I am probably too lazy to develop and/or maintain one!!!

Last agenda item was a movie outting, to see the National Theater Live HD broadcast of Arthur Miller's play All My Sons.  It was a fabulous play and a fabulous production (I don't think I had ever seen it before), but terribly sad.  The bright note:  I saw it with friend Sue, with whom I'm enjoying lots of cultural events these days (not to mention classes).  It's quite wonderful to have someone here to whom I can gush after these things - there are limits to how much even I can live in my head!!!

Tonight, dinner with friend Geoff at another new (to me) restaurant.  It has been around forever, but is too expensive for a casual dinner (Hawaiian fusion, don't you know. Geoff has a coupon...)  I'll report next time.  Now I'm off for my beauty sleep...


No comments:

Post a Comment