Monday, November 30, 2020

The Dreaded Fall

Well, it has happened, every old person`s dread.  I fell on Friday evening.  I was doing my usual early evening walk.  In the ciurse of doing what I call the COVID shuffle, that is, dodging off the sidewalk, to the street to avoid those maskless folks who can`t be bothered to walk single file for a few seconds, when I slipped on a pile of dirt and leaves and went down boom.  This will be short - even typing is painful - so I will spare you the details.  The long and the short of it is, I am home from the hospital with a sling and painkillers, having broken the humerus in my left arm.  I have never broken a bone before; who knew it was this painful?  Friend John and neighbors George and Joan are talking care of me, and I will no doubt live, but shit, man.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment