Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!

I, of course, will save all my efforts - cooking efforts, that is - for American Thanksgiving, but I am grateful none the less, for friends, and work, and health and (mostly) good cheer!

"Last" lunch before leaving for Palm Springs with former colleague, neighbor and friend Eric


As you can see, we went to the local Indian joint.  After all, I am heading to the land of white bread next week (Mexican food excepted, of course), and I am trying to get my fill of ethnic.

Tuesday night I played "Kitchen" bridge (literally) in White Rock with, from left to right, Robin, Heidi and Diana.


It may have been kitchen bridge, but they are all good players, so it was good bridge, and we had a lot of laughs besides, something you don't always get at the duplicate club (some of those folks take the game way too seriously!)

Wednesday night was dinner and bridge with the boys, again, the last before Palm Springs (although it was agreed that they would come down for a bridge weekend in Palm Springs in February).  For a change, we had dinner at Milestones, a chain we can all agree on (not ethnic, I know, but sometimes you have to compromise to keep the peace).





Thursday - yet more bridge, at the club this time, followed by dinner (at the old stand-by Enigma), and one last theater evening with Tom.  It was one of our favourite theater groups, Fighting Chance Productions, doing - of all things - Carrie, the Musical.  Believe it or not, I had never read the book, seen the play, or even seen the movie, but you would have to be from another planet not to know what it is about.  The actors were, as always, great, great voices, lots of enthusiasm (they are so young!) and great choreography.  Nonetheless, I wanted to leave at the intermission - you know, it doesn't end well!!!  Luckily, Tom had the car keys, so we stayed, and it was actually quite satisfying.  (It is hard to get too invested in everyone getting killed by telekinetic powers, although I must say that for a little theater, they did a great job with the effects.))

It was supposed to be dreary and rainy all Thanksgiving weekend, but we managed to squeeze out another sunny day.....











(The geese going south even swim in formation!)


And as far as the last two days, well, I have learned to like walking in the rain.

And I am still grateful!!

Next post will be Dateline:  Palm Springs

No comments:

Post a Comment