Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 starts with a whimper, not a bang.....

A whimper indeed.  I didn't manage to find the energy to attend the new year's party here in the complex, so just raised  a glass here at home, and went to bed.  Insofar as I made any conscious resolutions at all, it was to try - however late in life it may be - to develop the milk of human kindness this year.  And I don't just mean being nice to my friends - that is too easy.  I need to try to remember that even the great unwashed have a back story, a reason why they are the way they are, and to behave accordingly.  Let's see how long that lasts.

On New Years Day, I took what I am calling a Master Class in bridge.  One of directors is taking one of the relative novices (with only 50 points, that is what I am, really), to play in the Open Pairs, where the Life Masters and beyond play, and discussing the play afterwards with a view to improvement.  I love Janna to pieces, so not only did I learn a whole bunch, I had a great time to boot.  She did too, and has asked me to play again.  I am honoured and thrilled.

Still lacking in energy, so laid low most of the weekend. Picked Robin and Grant up from the airport, and we did our now traditional lunch at Sherman's Deli.   Friends Geoff an Tom came over for drinks on Saturday night.  I was too busy playing hostess to take pictures, but I think they were suitably impressed with the place - really this is not what people expect when one says "trailer"!!!!

Sunday was what is called a Unit Game at the bridge center, where the Unit provides lunch and festivities as well as bridge, so Art and I went to support the unit, and had a grand time.  And today, I struggled back to the gym - finally! - for at least a partial work out.  I am feeling more and more myself; it looks as if I might actually live.  Bridge this afternoon with Robin, and that's us up to date.

So, I have to ask - in addition to the expected audience for this narrative from the US and Canada, I also have followers this month from France, Germany, Norway, Poland and Australia.  Fess up, who are you?????

I will try to get some culture in this week by way of the Palm Springs International Film Festival, and have something a bit livelier to report next time.

And it has finally warmed up again, so all is right with the world, or at least my benign little corner of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment