Thursday, November 7, 2019

So much to do, so little time......

Got a call and arranged lunch at Sherman's with friend Elaine....


...this may be the first year that I have let 10 days go by before visiting my favourite deli....  I met Elaine a few years back in one of my classes.   We hit it off, and have been sharing classes and having the occasional lunch ever since.  She is bright and funny, and a great addition to my roster of friends.  We're already planning out next outing....

In addition to two successful bridge sessions, I added a new activity to my repertory - I finally joined the Opera Guild.  I haven't done that anywhere I lived - any activities I attended, I found the people to rich and two aware of it - but one of the members plays bridge with me (although we are not partners), and she assured me it was a good group, so I took the plunge.  Well, there was certainly plenty of money in the room, and the do was held at Smoke Tree Ranch, a very exclusive private club (the food and wines were divine...).  But the people went out of their way to include me in conversations and save me a seat for the concert, and I truly had a lovely time.  Great tenor, too - wish I remembered his name, he will really go somewhere.....  I didn't take any pictures, it seemed tacky to do so, so you will have to imagine it - the sunset, the tents, the palms, the smell of money...  anyway, I did enjoy it, and plan to attend the next activities, if I can...

I did take a few other pictures around and about....



 .....the first grapefruits in my garden....


...

....this is the garden at the side of my house...


.......and my entrance...


....as always, I hope to see you here soon....






No comments:

Post a Comment