Thursday, April 2, 2020

Quarantine, Day 13

Okay, the other day was a bad day.  Sorry about that.  Yesterday, went for two three mile hikes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon (don't worry, I am not planning on making a habit of it).  Saw some of my favourite people out walking their dogs, including some I hadn't seen since I have been home. Wonderful chats, albeit at a distance.  And most people have been very good about keeping their distance.  As for the others, well, sometimes I despair of the human race; people are so incredibly stupid!!!

It's all very fine to point to Singapore and Japan and Korea.  These are countries with homogeneous populations, not to mention populations who are accustomed to obeying orders.  Canadians are better at obeying orders than Americans (think Wild West vs. the Hudson's Bay Company), but still....

Friend Brian made a surprise visit and dropped off some books - at a safe distance -  so maybe I'll be inspired to read today.  But somehow, between walking and listening to CBC and knitting and reading magazines and talking on the phone and sending emails and messages and playing games on the computer, the days pass by.  And I haven't gotten around to cleaning yet (imagine!  What a shock!!).

Some photos from my walks....

My neighboring building (I will try to get one of my building today....)


....spring is still springing....




.....people have been asked to put out hearts to show support of our front line workers....





....bumped into (not literally, of course) my friend and neighbor John, out for a run (I missed the opportunity to get a picture of him in full biking gear the other day.  Next time....)



Next off to make lunch, then reading and then my walk.  Interesting,  Now that I have all the time in the world to nap, I can't seem to do it...)

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment