Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dinner Cruise on the Nile

First, a health update.  I am feeling hugely better, thanks to the ministrations of Mr. Ted and Mr. Hank.  It is indeed a scary thing to be sick away from home, but if it had to be done, these were as good a set of circumstances as any!

Back to the fun part!  After the day at the Pyramids of Giza, there was yet more!  We managed to get a bit of a rest in, and then with Ted's daughter Claire and friend Kate in tow, we headed off to a dinner cruise on the Nile.  (Not exactly Lonely Planet stuff, eh, but what the hell, we're way beyond that on this trip.  Have I said I could get used to this?)  I could have wished I was feeling better, but as it turns out, what with the music and the deafening din of conversation around us, not much in the way of being amusing was required; I just sat around soaking it all in.  The food was certainly plentiful, although I personally didn't eat much of it, and by all accounts acceptable, if not brilliant.





And now, here is what you get when you have a real photographer with a real camera (and yes, I promise a real camera and a scanner for the next trip - adding maps and ticket stubs and other memorabilia should take the blog to the next level, for those who stick with me!














Both Claire and Kate (and, of course, Ted and Hank) give great conversation, but, as noted, the noise level - not to mention the elly dancer and the dervish) prevented much conversation.  Notheless, contented smiles all around, and a good time was had by all!

Tomorow (that is Friday, April 19), the National Museum of Egypt at Tahir Square.  (Stop being nervous, obviously we survived!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment