Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Checking in - Again

Post-Thanksgiving wrap-up:  seeing old friends, great; the meal, not so much.

As I think I mentioned we were all converging at Four Seasons, a golf course/condo complex with a great club house and, presumably, a good chef (it was a few years ago, at least).

Our hosts, David and Tom.....



.....friends Greg and Pete...


.....friends Art and Wally, looking younger every day....



....neighbors Deb and Arlene.....



Art, insisting that I make a blog appearance in my finery.....



...and finally, Carolyn and Lou, recently arrived from Gimley, Manitoba, to escape the Canadian winter with us.


So, yes, it was great to celebrate with friends.  The food, however, was dreadful.  I swear both turkey and ham were out of a can, the stuffing was definitely out of a box.  The only shining light was the pecan pie, and, of course, the wine, which I brought myself.  By acclamation it was decided:  next year at Nora's place!

And speaking of Nora's place, have a look at the grapefruit from my tree.  Lots of lemons coming up too, but I think I will have to make due with tangerines from neighbor Michael.



...and then there are those desert sunsets......



(and no, I have no idea what those white dots on the screen are...)



Nothing else new to report.  December looks to be busier, with several things already on the calendar for next week.  And Christmas has already been decided....Christmas eve at the girls (Deb and Arlene) next door, and Christmas day at my place.  So lots of work (or a sort) to do as well.  I've never been so at peace with my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment