Friday, December 19, 2014

Happy Hanukkah (it's early this year)

I have been feeling punk for what seems like forever but is probably only a few weeks, first with abscessed tooth (now happily removed), now with what feels like pneumonia but I fervently hope is not.  I hate being sick, but it is the one time I am grateful to be alone, so I can moan and groan to my heart's content and not worry about bothering anyone.  (I don't think my neighbors can hear me.....)

Once the tooth was out, I was again able to concentrate on bridge, this time the Palm Springs Regionals, with almost 3000 people in attendance (might be where I picked up whatever this bug is, huh?).  Nice venue, the Mission Hills Resort in Rancho Mirage....




Here we are, still feeling chipper.....


.....meeting friends we have played with at previous tournaments,,,,,



Played two days with Art and one day with Robin, and made points in 5 out of the 6 sessions.  Not too bad!  We were all well pleased.

Coming home (late) on Tuesday night, I stopped in at neighbor Betsy's Christmas "do", actually the first time I had been in her home, even though I live across the street.  But, hey, its Palm Springs.  We, generally speaking, live outdoors (although we have had a little, much-needed, rain this year).



That's Betsy, below.


Last night, I was meant to go to another neighborhood "do", and today, I was meant to be driving to Phoenix  (only a 4 hour drive, and very do-able) for Hank's stepmother's surprise birthday (which one is unknown) party, but, unusually for me, I just couldn't manage either one.  I am hacking and wheezing and coughing and headachy, and generally speaking just plain sick.

And I have and indefinite (but large) number of people coming for Christmas dinner next week!

You might ask why one of the few nice little Jewish girls in the park is doing Christmas dinner?  That's easy: I make the best turkey!!!

So, I'm off to rest and have Chicken soup (home made) with matzoh balls, and go to bed for however many days it takes to get better.  Meanwhile, happy Hanukkah.  May the lights burn brightly for you and yours, and may your days be full of sweet and fatty things!  (Stay tuned for Christmas wishes.  If I live that long.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment