Thursday, November 17, 2011

On the road again

Is there anyone out there?

I know, I know, I haven't been here myself for a few weeks.  But shes back! 

Vancouver was actually wonderful.  I have been in a great head space, I enjoyed working for a while (all the time making lists in my head of the expensive bucket list items I might be able to afford), and certainly enjoyed having lunches and dinners with many of my friends. 

But I'm off again.  Hank's family tree is rather gnarled, so I won't even begin to try to explain the relationships; suffice it to say that there's a wedding in Phoenix, Hank asked me to join him, so here I am.  God bless Allegiant Air from Bellingham for its cheap fares , and good friend Lesley who was able to drive me there.  The flight was as it should be, uneventful,  and I even beat Hank to the hotel (he was driving up from San Francisco).  The sunset, which arrived while I was in the cab, was spectacular, in the way that it can only be in the desert - would that I had my camera out.  Perhaps tomorrow.....

Tomorrow, as I understand it, we are going to Gila Bend, Arizona, to see Hank's old homestead.  A ranch, no less.  How that sophisticated, urban man escaped from the ranch, a story which I have never heard, will probably be revealed in the fullness of time - hopefully tomorrow!

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment