Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Crazy, Hazy, Lazy days of Winter in Palm Springs

Well, I have to say, Thanksgiving with friends is better than Thanksgiving with family.  Or so I understand. I never did have much family, and being from  Europe, my parents didn't really get the Thanksgiving thing.  I have learned to love turkey, though, and we had plenty of that and all the fixings.

Floyd, our host

Arlene, my neighbor, and another guest enjoying herself!

Only part of the amazing feast.





We all complain about the excess, but that is somewhat the point, isn't it?                                                                                   

Hope you all enjoyed your day, with family, or friends, or alone contemplating your good fortune.  (I think I am turning into a pollyanna.  It must be all the sunshine, it is baking my brain.)

My friend Peter from San Francisco stayed for a few days, and we enjoyed some of the good food Palm Springs has to offer ...

Dinner at Johannes, put it on your list for the best schnitzel!




and some culture (yes, Palm Springs has something more than golf)...


Palm Springs Art Museum


And a bit of the desert, at the Living Desert ....







More on this later, when the lights go up.

It felt really good, taking memberships in both theMmuseum and the Living Desert.  Like I am finally planning on staying a while!

Peter left on Saturday, after a wonderful visit, which included the above noted tourist world as well as lots of  sitting on the patio watching the view and the flora and fauna visible from my own back yard.

About that fauma, I'm sorry, Peter, but you missed both the roadrunner on my patio rock formation and the coyote about a foot from the deck.

So, I am back to the gym which I need desparately, after all that food, and no, there will be no gym pictures, not even of the hunky, age appropriate men!), and to my walks on the bike path.....





The decadence of greening the desert!

....playing bridge (thanks, Art!), and catching up with friends (like Laurel, down for a while from Salt Spring, and Robin and Grant, down from White Rock).

All in all, a wonderful week, made better by the knowledge that a) it is probably raining in the Pacific North West, and b) I don't have to leave for a while.

I am told I have to decorate for Channukah.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment