Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Eagke Has Landed

One of the joys of travel is definitely not the return trip.  It was 20 hours of flying (with a 9 hour time change added), including three flights, 3 passes at security (in Madrid, Newark and Toronto), two passes at immigration and customs (at Newark and Toronto), one late plane, one change of terminals, and two very tight connections.  I felt pretty much like a wet dishrag by the time I got to Richmond, and was hugely grateful to Lesley for being at the airport as promised, with a smile, a bed at her home (the house exchange people from Madrid were still at mine) and a cup of tea.

The next day, I took Ivan, Tomi (his brother), and Rosa (his mother) for dim sum (that particular experience not being thick on the ground in Madrid), and later took them to the airport.  They had a wonderful time in Vancouver, as I did in Madrid; all in all, you could label the trip a success, I think.

And now, I am back to work, at least until the 17th of November, when I am leaving to join Hank in Phoenix for a family wedding, then back to San Francisco to pick up my California car and, on November 22, Peter (another friend) and I will drive to Palm Springs.

So, the road trip continues.  By popular request, the blog will continue as well, although the entries will be less frequent.  By all means, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment