Sunday, December 18, 2011

BRR!

It's been cold dowi here!  Cold for Palm  Springs, that is.  I've been having a good time nonetheless.

The week started with the perfect way to keep warm - the gym!  It is about time that I showed you the group!

Our fearless leader Russell!



When you are feeling old, remember, this guy is 92!

And then there's me!

Friend Arlene flew in on Monday from Seattle to spend a few days, so we abandoned the gym for hiking, revisiting Indian Canyon





Meet Arlene!

and long walks on nearby bike paths.

It wasn't all work, though.  There was shopping (I have now seen Cabezon Mall, a huge mall 20 minutes west of Palm Springs).  And no, I don't ever need to see it again.

And then there was eating, including Pomme Frite; Johannes (yes, again; what can I say, I like it) and The Falls for drinks and nibbles.

...not to mention the talking.  We hadn't spent any time together for a long time, and it was wonderful to reconnect.

Arlene left on Frifay, and the last few days have been spent catching up on movies (The Artist and The Descendants, with George Clooney, both of which I highly recommend) and, finally, some deck time. 

And the best picture of all remains untaken.  I was sitting on my deck this evening, and not ten feet away from me, one of the resident coyotes strolled across the lawn and down into the watch.  I didn't dare move to get the camera - sorry Bill - but it was the first time I have had a good look rather than a glimps!

So, next week, Christmas parties and lights, and more good cheer! 

However, just in case I get too caught up in the moment, let me take a minute now to which you a merry Christmas (or Channukah, as the case may be), and all the best for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment