Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Another wonderful week in paradise!  If there is anything I like better than playing bridge, it is winning at bridge, and I did that on Wednesday at our local game.  The game was preceded by a Christmas lunch, but I can't claim to have been aided by the effects of alcohol (although I was aided by good cards and a few aggressive partners).  It was only 6 bucks, but a win all the same!

I don't know whether I mentioned that I am on the board of our home-owners association, and one of the pleasant jobs at this time of the year is judging the Christmas lights, for prizes to be given out on New Years Eve.


This was neighbor Michael's entry - only one example of many.  The park is delightfully lit up, cheerful and bright.  I love it.  Can't tell you who the winning entry is - it is still under wraps.  Suffice it to say, it was a difficult choice!

Christmas eve was celebrated at neighbors Arlene and Deb. 





Will there be enough food?

Neighbor Michael and friend Art with post-prandial drinks

Here are Deb and Arlene, our gracious hosts!


And, on Christmas day, dinner for 18 at my place!  I have not thrown a party since David died, and I had forgotten how much fun it could be, lots of laughter and good cheer, and, of course, lot's of food!  (If I have to say so myself, I make a good turkey with all the trimmings, and I had lots of help!)

Christmas day at the Jackson residence!

Good friends Carolyn and Lou, Nora's own Christmas elves!

Palm Springs Christmas tree!


Well, the big day is over, and for a nice little Jewish girl, I sure did have a good time.  I hope you all enjoyed time with family and friends, and were as grateful as I to be surrounded by friendship and love.  I wish you all the best, for the holiday, and for the new year.  May it be filled with health, wealth, and love, and the time to enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment