Sunday, October 30, 2011

But wait, there's more!

Just when I thought it was over, there's more.

On Friday, after a full day at the Prado, Yolanda and Eduardo asked me for dinner.  I expected to be eating at their house, and didn't bring my camera.  More fool me, as we ended up going to a dive somewhere in central Madrid and saw and heard the most wonderful flamenco.  The entire place had ten teeny tiny tables, and ours was the one closest to the stage!  It was nothing short of  fabulous!  I don't think I have ever seen so much sexual energy on the stage!  This was definitely not your "staged for the tourists" flamenco.  Five stars!

Once the car was parked in the garage, I wasn't going to take it out again, so stayed close to home on Saturday, but walked into the local town and ate - Chinese food!   I know, I know, I always swore that I wouldn't eat Chinese food anywhere outside of Vancouver, but I had to try what Chinese food in Spain was like.  Well, it was like what we used to get in the States and Canada 25 years ago!  Well, now I know!

Today, I was party to a local parade.  I thought it was possible a Spain Day, or an equivalent of  Flag Day, but Yolanda tells me that it was either a local thing, or possibly put on by one of the political parties, as thre is an election coming up on November 20.





And yes, Hank, I got you a flag!  You would have loved it!

When I told Yolanda that I had not had Paella while in Spain, and that I loved it, she insisted on inviting me over to their place and making Paella.





She's a great cook, and she and Eduardo are wonderful hosts, and with a lot of grunting and miming on my part, we even managed some good conversation.  A splendid meal, after which we went to the Parque de Europa nearby to walk it off.  It is a huge park with great landscaping, and copies of lots of the sights in Europe (and some of the sights in Spain too) such as the Eifell Tower, the Brandenburg Gate, Denmark's Mermaid and even the Trevi Fountain.





And that's all she wrote, folks.  The bags are packed, and the anxiety about making connections has begun!  I let you know how it all came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment