Monday, August 4, 2014

And then there was the wedding.....

Saturday, August 2.  It was a leisurely start, with Mariah making me a latte in her super duper new machine, and then me lounging around watching her make her garden grow....


...and then it was time to dress up and head for the wedding venue,  The affair was being held on the MS Sansonia, a retired Washington State ferry permanently moored (we checked Mr. Google - Mariah is prone to seasickness!) in Lake Union.  The appointed hour was 10:30 (changed from 1 P,M, because the Blue Angels flying overhead for Seafair Weekend would have drowned out the ceremony), but there was plenty of time to mingle - and take pictures - before the actual "event"





































.....even the dogs did their ring bearing part pretty well....















The service, performed by a Washington State justice of the peace, was warm and personal and lovely.  And, one has to ask, just why does one cry at weddings?  It is supposed to be a happy time, and it is, but even me, the old curmudgeon, was crying...  Anyway, we all assuaged our emotions with bubbly or wine and a wonderful buffet.







Even the speeches were good.  The whole thing was orchestrated to perfection, in typical Bobby fashion,

Well, mazel tov!!

(By the way, Bobby and Gerardo had known each other for 15 years, so this thing has some staying power, I think!!!)

By the time all was said and done, the only thing I was fit for for the rest of the afternoon was a nap!!!

But it wasn't over yet.  The final event was Sunday brunch for "family" (I am honorary "Auntie" Nora), but there were lots of friends there as well.  It took place at Pacitas, a hacienda style Mexican restaurant in Capital Hill.  (I highly recommend it - atmosphere, food and service well all stellar!)









....and then we really said our goodbyes.  It really was a lovely weekend, with lots of good people all connected by their love for Bobby and Gerardo.  I really hope to see many of them again, and I don't often say that after a party!!!!

I pretty much immediately headed for the border - between Sea Fair weekend and Canada Day, the traffic and the border looked to be dreadful.  In the event, it was a quick (2 hours and 25 minutes) and easy (5 car wait at the border) trip, and I was back home by 5 P.M. and, after the usual walk, I was for a book and bed!

That's pretty much it.  I worked all day today, just got back from - again - the usual walk, and tomorrow the rounds start again.  Expect to hear from me more often in the next few weeks.  With Germany coming up, there will be lots of news - hopefully, more interesting than the usual boring drivel!  But enough for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment