Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jet Lag

Okay, that last blog?  I fell asleep over the computer, absolutely a first for me!  I guess jet lag will do that to you.  I was trying to do the prescribed thing - stay up till the appropriate bedtime in your new location.  Couldn't make it past 8 P.M.  What I was trying to say yesterday, before I was so rudely interrupted, was that I got a $150 opera ticket for $30 dollars in the Senior Rush!  What a deal!  I saw Donizetti's Lucrecia Borgia.  It was wonderful, but I should more accurately say I heard it, as about 10 minutes prior to the curtain, I realized that my glasses were missing.  Turned out they had fallen off my head where they had been perched, and been stepped on.  And us leaving the next day.  But, as Hank said, there is nothing (almost) that money won't solve.  And in America, glasses can be done in two hours.  So, not only did we lunch with friends on the last day in SF, I also got new glasses! 

Rapid transit to the airport (another benefit of traveling light), and an uneventful flight - just like you want it!  The hotel, The Tavistock - is an old favorite.  It is an old, travelers hotel, very plain.  However, it is clean, passes for cheap in London, is mere blocks away from the British Museum in Russell Square, and directly on the Picadilly line from the airport.

It is record-breakingly hot in London - 80 plus degrees in October - so we required a refresh, but once we did, it was beer in a pub for us, and then I went off to Picadilly Circus to try for some theater (Hank didn't think he could make it).  Neither did I, as it turned out, but I had a great walk - Picadilly on Saturday night!, found my favorite Italian restaurant for a bite, and then the aforementioned falling asleep over the computer!

Well, we are both up and at em this morning, about to go in for the infamous English breakfast.

The adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment