Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Leaving London Already

I was afraid of this.  The days are getting away from  me, and then the blogs get longer and longer.  I'll try to be brief. 

The weather has broken a bit.  It is still warm  and clear, but not quite as hot as it has been.  Yesterday, Hank and I went by rail to Hampton Court, and spent a wonderful day poking around in British history, something we both love.   For the evening's entertainment, we dug deep into the theater schedule.  We did not find a play we could agree on, and so Hank went to see a comedy, Yes, Prime Minister, and I went to see a drama, Arthur Miller's Broken Glass.  On a scale of 1 t0 10, Hank gave his a 5; I on the other hand, gave mine a 10.  It was a difficult play, but very well done - it deserved the standing ovation it got!

Today was greyer, although not quite raining, so we spent the day in the British Museum, not 10 minutes walk from  our hotel.  Again, we were in hog heaven, this time concentrating on Roman history and artifacts.  And, since Hank is the last person in the western world who had not seen The Mouse Trap (the Agatha Christie play which has been running in London for 59 years, and no, that is not a typo), we went to see that tonight, preceded by some very good pub fish and chips. David and I had seen in many, many years ago; luckily, I have a bad memory, so I didn't remember who dun it; it was as much fun as ever!

It is hard to believe we are leaving for Rome tomorrow.However, this taste of London has reminded me how much I love it.  Perhaps I'll try for a month house exchange in London next fall! 

More from Rome tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment